I’ve been looking at automating my workflow lately so I’ve built a Yeoman Generator for WordPress which includes a grunt script for minimising CSS/JS and compressing images.
The Generator will
- Copy the package.json and Gruntfile.js to root folder
- Create your WordPress database
- Download and unzip latest WordPress version into root
- Delete preinstalled themes if adding a third part theme
- Download / install a third party theme and rename as specified
- Rename the TwentyFourteen theme to a name of choice if no third party themes are installed
- Download Advanced Custom Fields and move to plugins folder if requested
- Move wp-config file to root and update DB details. wp-config also includes environment detection
- Update theme name in stylesheet
- Set current theme in Database
The Grunt script will
- Minimise/Concatenate CSS
- Compress Images
- Copy all files to a dist folder for deployment.